This group has representatives from the public, private and civil society and is focused on providing instruments for strategic financial planning.
Formed in 2003, this group has representatives from the public, private and civil society and is focused on providing instruments for strategic financial planning of water and sanitation.
The Secretariat moved to Stockholm in 2006 and is co-located with the Global Water Partnership Organisation.
- Department for International Development (DFID) UK
- Water and Sanitation Program (WSP)
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Global Water Partnership (Global Water Partnership)
1) To improve the efficiency and effectiveness of existing and future EU aid flows to water including encouraging innovation, the development of institutional and regulatory frameworks and capacity building; and
2) To enable the use of development funding as a catalyst to leverage other forms of finance, including donor, user and private finance, to improve access of the poor to water and sanitation services.
So, the EUWI finance component:
* Provides technical assistance to develop country level WSS finance strategy
* Develops guidance on approach, tools and methodologies to develop WSS finance strategies
* Organizes meetings, seminars and workshops
A country project was launched in Lesotho 2008 in partnership with OECD using the FEASIBLE methodology. A second country project is expected to be launched during 2009.
* Working with EUWI AWG on country dialogue processes to engage with national governements.
* Support to financial planning as part of the EUWI country dialogue with Ethiopie.
* Providing support to the WSP in Africa to implement the Sector Wide Financing and Investment tool in Mozambique.
* Providing support to OECD to apply FEASIBLE model in Moldova.
* Co-financing a series of workshops on water sector finance together with GWP and their regional water partnerships in West Africa, Eastern Africa, EECCA and Central America.
- Linking Good Water Governance And Financing
Until recently it was rare for water professionals to consider financing issues. Water advocacy and plans were ...
- A Primer for Practitioners and Students in Developing Countries
EUWI- FWG - February 2011 Target readers for the Primer are practitioners in developing countries – politicians, officials, professionals, private business people, members of civil society organisations and laypersons – involved in different ways in providing the infrastructure and ...
- Minutes of the EUWI -FWG -8 September 2010
Normal 0 false false ...
Planification financière stratégique pour l’alimentation en eau et l’assainissement en Afrique
TABLE DES MATIERESGlossaire